Tuesday, August 01, 2006

 

Fruit flies, house flies, and, boy oh boy, time flies!

I've been really, really sick the last couple weeks, and even though I'm on the mend now, I continue to be amazed at how much energy I still don't have. Apparently a lot of people have been getting this same thing, only it's been turning into pneumonia, and I have to say that if pneumonia feels worse than I have been feeling for the last ten days or so, then I'm really, really, really happy to have avoided pneumonia.

Congratulations to

GenCon will be here sooner than you think -- next week! We're catching up with Jeff and Marisa on Wednesday evening, and we'll all be staying in Indianapolis for the duration of the con this year. I'm looking forward to that! It'll be great to catch up with the LaSalas again, and sooner or later we're bound to run into some of the "Young Dragons," as Elaine has dubbed them, at the first book signing schedule in Authors Avenue if not earlier. Catching up with folks we've met, placing faces with names of folks we've only known in ascii... what fun! And then there are games and other things to do, too! Whoa... They oughta make you buy tickets to this - oh, waitaminnit, they did, and we did. And - I can hardly believe it - I have tickets for Life-Size Kill Dr. Lucky and Tracy Hickman's Killer Breakfast (the two events I've wanted to try ever since we planned to go to our first GenCon).

The con gets more interesting. We bought my brother Kevin and his son J day passes for Saturday as birthday presents. With Kevin's class schedule in this grad program (see above), he won't be able to make GenCon because his last class meets that day, 9AM-5PM. Rather than disappoint J, they've managed to transfer Kevin's pass to his wife, Amy... and now that we've explained a little bit more to her about what to expect, I think she's actually looking forward to the con - and especially to sharing this experience with her son. I do so hope they'll have fun!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com