Tuesday, January 31, 2006

 

An update for EC and Janet

Here's the quick update... I left the interview last week feeling a bit like I'd been roughed up by one interviewer in particular. My fault - I let her get to me. As a result, I don't have high hopes for getting a job offer out of this -- she made it clear, I thought, that in her opinion I don't have the kind of experience they're looking for and she's skeptical about transferrable skills. Now, maybe her opinion doesn't hold enough sway with the rest of the committee to matter, but from what I know about her, she's one of those squeaky wheels. I applied for two more jobs last week -- something in publishing and something in writing/editing.

The dress fit. More importantly, it needs to be altered by taking it in not letting it out. I was relieved. My future MIL has been kind enough to store it at her house for the time being. She's also found a seamstress whom I want to talk to about getting the alterations done.

We got Amy's gown for my wedding - in a color and style unlike anything else we'd looked at earlier. But it's beautiful and she looks great in it. Then after she had tried on about ten or eleven gowns during the course of our shopping, she stumbled across a gown that had many of the features we'd liked in other dresses she'd tried on -- with an exceptionally low price that just couldn't be ignored. She looked great in it, and, more importantly, she seemed to feel comfortable in it. We think it will fit the feel and theme of their wedding, too. (The guys will be wearing Hawaiian shirts in different colors. The groom's shirt, following tradition, will be white. And, no, neither family has any links or ties to Hawaii.) So she got her wedding gown, too!

And I received a second assignment from WotC which will probably go back to them this evening.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com