Wednesday, June 01, 2005

 

The Good, the Bad, the Facts of Life

The littlest of boys is home and doing really well. Recent photos reveal an adorable little fella who's got quite the personality. Continue to thrive, little one.

I learned last week that the perfect job hired the perfect candidate, who, as it turned out, wasn't me. The ding letter was thoughtful. But who really cares about that? I wanted the job, not a well-written ding letter that expresses respect for my abilities and regrets for not offering me the job. What it boils down to: I want a job where I actually get to use what I know, yet for some reason that's not happening.

No news from the slush pile at AHMM regarding "The Middle of Life."

Since things at RoF are in flux as Carina is leaving and a new person is taking over the slush duties, I e-mailed her to find out what's up with "Storyweaver." She got back to me very quickly with the news that a rejection letter is forthcoming, but she was encouraging and explained a bit of her critique. That feedback may prove itself invaluable.

My birthday weekend was really pleasant. I ended up taking an extra day and a half off because I was sick (OK, that part hasn't been pleasant), so I had a little extra time to rest and relax. My treat for myself -- a croquet set. We played croquet in the park Sunday evening. I can't wait to play again! *hee*

Last night we had dinner with several friends to celebrate the birthday. My older younger brother and his soon-to-be wife and her kids drove up from Louisville to join us. It was really good to see them. I think everyone enjoyed dinner and had a good evening -- I know I did. *grin*

My friends see something good in my writing. I know this as I hear this from them every now and then, and it was made all the more evident to me by a gift I received from C and K: the 2005 Novel & Short Story Writer's Market. Thanks for the encouragement.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com