Monday, May 16, 2005

 

The Waiting Game

Waiting to hear from two different slush piles for stories and one for six poems -- and approaching the critical 3-month average response time for the stories. Is there any truth to what I've read elsewhere about how the longer something you've submitted is kept the more positive a reaction it's generated in the readers?

Waiting to hear the results of a job interview for a job that seemed to have been written specifically for me.... How many other folks in my neck of the woods are fluent in Russian and have teaching and career counseling and editing experience? If there are more folks with my unusual background in this neighborhood, maybe we should form a club! Still, it would be so wonderful to have a job that uses my somewhat unique skills set. Please, please, please call me with a job offer this week...!

Waiting for my lease to be up so that we can simplify life a little bit. One home instead of two... How nice that will be!

Waiting... *sigh* At least it's all for good things, eh?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com