Wednesday, November 17, 2004

 

More update

Received rejection letter from EQMM for "The Middle of Life." Now the question is whether to turn it around and back to AHMM or to look for other venues. I don't feel like the problem is the story, which I do believe is pretty strong; rather, I think it's with the whole breaking-into-publication thing. By limiting submissions to those publications that I know, maybe chances for catching someone's eye are drastically slimmer. Have faith in my work and broaden my list of alternatives - yes?

Last week sent "Alla Petrovna" to an ezine that purports to have a 10-day turnaround. No word yet, but it's only been a few days.

Rotating work on three new stories, though I fear I've lost the thread of the idea for one of them. With any luck, writing through the "block" will prove helpful and I can get past the shadowy feeling that I know I had a great idea for this once... Note to self: make better story notes when an idea grabs you.

Regarding the job search, I've revised the resume and sent it to a few folks for feedback. A handful of job postings have caught my eye, and it's time to get those application materials ready to send out. I'm feeling more confident about how my credentials measure up in this field, and, given some recent developments, researching jobs has become more interesting.

And, *ugh*, please send Tums. I had some coffee this morning. What a bad idea!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com