Tuesday, September 28, 2004

 

Ouch

Today it's not the leaves that have fallen -- it's Lara!

One minute I was walking up the stairs outside the building where I work, and the next minute I was falling up the stairs.

My right knee seems to have suffered the worst. After icing and elevating it for a while, I stood up, couldn't bear weight on it, and decided a trip to the clinic was in order.

While trying to isolate the pain, the doctor managed to manipulate the joint in such a way that I cried. Bad pain. Bad, bad pain.

Two x-rays and two more ice packs later, it appears that nothing around the patella is broken or chipped. Hurrah! The knee's bandaged, and I'm supposed to keep it elevated and iced, as is practical (considering I'm at work), and the doctor gave me some drugs - a pain killer and an anti-inflammatory.

The drive home may be a bit of a challenge. But my co-workers have been a great help in getting through the day. And Ed makes the best ice packs! :-)

Here's to healing....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com