Thursday, September 30, 2004

 

On the road again...

I'm heading out of town for the birthday celebration for my Dad and his twin sister in Chicagoland. The two sides of the family are getting together, and this is the first time I've seen these cousins in more than fifteen years. When we were kids, we were two distinctly different sets of children with strikingly different sensibilities, and on the few occasions that our families got together, I don't remember that we got along very well. To this day, my brothers and I still have a pretty strong "us versus them" way of thinking about this side of the family -- probably because we simply don't know them well at all since they lived in Nebraska and we grew up in Virginia, where we were surrounded by Mom's side of the family. I'm more than a little curious to see how we all get along as adults.

I don't know if anyone else keeps up with Jimmy Johnson's website for the cartoon Arlo & Janis (I've got a link to it). He's been a great source of 1st-person news regarding the weather in Florida. Today he posted a link to one of the craziest things I've seen in a while, so in honor of Elaine's new blog, I'm posting the link to the Oxford English Dictionary [or Omnificent English Dictionary, according to the site] in Limerick Form here:

http://www-b.oedilf.com/db/Lim.php

Enjoy! And have a great weekend!



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com