Wednesday, September 01, 2004

 

Modern love gets me to the church on time

I'm heading back to Virginia for the weekend to do my duty as my cousin M's maid of honor on Saturday. Sometime around 3PM on Saturday, I'll be all gussied up in a long black dress with something interesting done differently to my hair and cosmetics on my face (that hasn't worn make-up in at least eight years, maybe longer), ready for the 5:30PM service and trying to keep M from getting too nervous.

I expect that I won't look much like myself at all. (Different friends have asked me to be sure to return with photos because they can't imagine me so attired. Hm. I don't know if that's a sign to dress up more often or just a general comment on my preferable, more or less casual attire and demeanor.) But at least everyone will be looking at the bride and not so concerned about me. Yay!

I still don't have a speech/toast ready for the reception. This worries me a little.

The weekend at my parents' house will be lively, I'm sure. M's wedding also coincides with my Dad's 65th birthday. He's getting private guitar lessons as his birthday present.

Ed and I are returning to the regularly scheduled 2,000-word critique, so I plan to grab some time upon my return to town Monday to get some writing done. Driving will give me lots of time to think through some ideas.

There's a part of me that doesn't want to leave.

I'll catch up with you folks next week. Have a lovely weekend.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com