Monday, August 09, 2004

 

Butterflies

It's Monday, and I'm tired! This weekend I made another trip back to Virginia for events related to my cousin M's wedding, which will take place over Labor Day weekend, on September 4th. M asked me to be her maid of honor, so I've been doing a lot of traveling back and forth between Virginia, where the wedding will be and where most of the family is, and here this summer for wedding-related stuff. It's been interesting to watch this wedding evolve into the event of the year. This weekend was for a bridal shower and a gown fitting. And I just learned that I'll have to give a toast at the reception. Public speaking wasn't part of the deal!

I got to catch up briefly with my brother K in Louisville when I stopped for gas and a short break from driving last night. He's considering putting together a proposal for Eberron. I'll be interested to see what he comes up with. He's always been the more devious of the three of us (our younger brother C lives in Columbus), and the intrigue and adventure built into Eberron strikes me as just the kind of thing he's good at developing.

Aside from a crazy dream I had last night, the weekend wasn't good for Eberroning. I'll have to make up for that this week, especially since there's only one weekend between now and GenCon *and* I'm already slated to do some volunteer work that weekend. I've got some stuff on paper, and I've been working out details of the writing sample; I think it'll come together - at least when I'm not panicking about running out of time. Oh, the good stuff continues: I have a job interview in the morning.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com