Wednesday, July 21, 2004

 

Patience for the Unvirtuous

So it's been a month and five days since I put a little story I call "Anna Petrovna" in the mail to EQMM. Turnaround estimated at three months. Twenty-one days have passed since I submitted "Storyweaver" to the LRHWOTF contest. Results announced in 8-10 weeks.

My sense of time passing is distorted. It seems like more time has passed than a few weeks. And I'm just not a patient person.

Other work is basically done - formatting and a final review called for, and that's about it. So where to send them? Hm.

Eberron has turned into a long-term relationship that's reached the point where those idiosyncracies that once seemed endearing are becoming the tiniest bit annoying. (If I think too much about the dinosaurs, I just want to start throwing things. You'd be perfectly correct in assuming that dinosaurs probably won't have a place in my proposal.)  But I really, really like the characters I'm working with and the narrative I'm putting together.  I also seem to keep finding ideas for using Eberron in narratives, and that is exciting. (So maybe I can live with the dinosaurs. Oooh, it hurt to write that.) J is talking about moving his game (my character: Fizzsparkle Wherrymere, Rogue 2) to Eberron, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays. I've been so focused on working with the info in the Campaign Manual for the purposes of writing, it strikes me as funny to return to the same info, only for the purposes of gaming.

My brother C has invited me to relocate to the city where he lives, as his housemate is leaving in a couple months. Right now, I'm not sure how to begin to reach a decision about this. Moving might be good. Giving up a full-time job with its salary and benefits might not be good. And I don't know of any place to play darts where C lives!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com